Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Band Concert


Well,right now it's about 10:00,and I'm writing about the amazing band concert we just had. For those who don't know,I play clarinet in the band along with Meghan Lyon,Jenna Gillmore,Brianna Watkins,Caitlin Hodgson,....and I think that's all (forgive me if I forgot you).
The 6th grade band played Dragon Slayer,Safari Drums Rock,Legacy of Heroes,and the highly anticipated Surfin' USA. I must say that it turned out very well. I didn't recognize that many mistakes in any of the performances. My favorite piece was definitely Dragon Slayer.
The awards were also presented at this concert. I can only remember the 6th grade MVP's so sorry older people who most likely don't even read this. The MVP for woodwinds was...Miss Meghan Lyon!!! Woot! The MVP for brass was,amazingly,Ally Anders (who claimed she felt guilty for winning it because she never turned practice charts in like Mr.Nichols said). And the MVP for percussion was Cody Hilton.
The 7th and 8th grade did very well,too. They played 4 songs called Pegasus,Calvary,Rain,and the famous song that won 2 GRAMMYS (sorry for the caps,but Mr.Nichols said Emmys.) Viva La Vida by Coldplay. I loved all of these songs but my top 2 would have to be Rain and Viva La Vida. Rain had an awesome rain stick type thing and the base drum was supposed to be like thunder. In Viva La Vida,it was so cool,it sounded like the real version.
Of course,I have to give credit to the band's most awesome director ever,Mr.Nichols. He only gets sort of annoyed when we talk a lot during rehearsal,which we know we shouldn't be doing,so we're sorry lol. He worked so hard this year to make us good enough for this concert. Thanks,Nichols!!!!
Should I give a critique on this? I think I should. I give this concert....5 STARS!!!!!

4 comments: